ICF Consulting Group, Inc. Chief of Party in Zambia
Social & Analytic Solutions International Health and Division Washington Metro DC Area
ICF is currently seeking expressions of interest from qualified experts in biodiversity conservation and climate change to fill a Chief of Party (CoP) position for an upcoming USAID-funded project that is based in Washington, D.C. but supports 5 regional offices and staff in over 20 countries.
Hiring for this position is contingent upon funding.
- Provides overall leadership, management and general technical direction of the entire program;
- Ensures an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract;
- Identifies issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments;
- Leads a team of technical experts and sub-contractors.
_Qualifications:_ __ * At least 10 years of work experience in a closely food security-related field (especially agriculture, agricultural economics, early warning, economics, emergency response, food security assessment, geography, planning, public health, and rural development) * Individuals proposed shall have at least a Bachelor s Degree (or equivalent) * 5 years of senior-level experience in managing a complex activity in multiple countries, including managing a large, dispersed staff and substantial budgets. * At least 5 years of work experience abroad.
- Master s Degree of educational attainment, and French and/or Spanish language skills of the FS 2 level or greater preferred
- Demonstrated success managing international development assistance projects at a Chief of Party or equivalent level.
- Working routinely with clients to develop presentations and then present to high level government officials.
- Showing a mix of technical and practical, in-county experiences.
_Professional Skills:_ * A proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills, including being an articulate speaker and sympathetic listener.
Demonstrated ability: to assemble, quickly and effectively, and to manage a highly skilled, interdisciplinary team; to interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions across sectors; and to design and implement detailed, organized, timely, accurate monitoring and evaluation programs.
Demonstrated excellent writing and presentation ability, as well as experience in successfully leading an intercultural team in a development context.
Excellent analytical skills.
Fluency in English.
_About ICF_ ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us aticf.com.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels.
(EEO/AA Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities)
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center atwww.icf.com/careers
Requisition ID: /1600001980/