Title: Grantee Specialist-Head Start-Nationwide
Location: Home based- Nationwide
Health, Education & Social Programs
Education, Community & Social Programs Division
Home based- Nationwide
About ICF International
If you want to work on the leading issues of the day, if you want your work to reflect your passion in life, if you truly want to make the world a better place, then you want to work at ICF International. Whether ensuring efficient use of energy resources, protecting the environment for generations to come, supporting cancer and HIV/AIDS patients and returning veterans, keeping young people in school and educators informed, delivering results in emergency preparedness, or breaking ground in any number of today’s issues, ICF works in the topics that lead the news.
ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) partners with government and commercial clients to deliver professional services and technology solutions in the energy, environment, and transportation; health, education, and social programs; and homeland security and defense markets. The firm combines passion for its work with industry expertise and innovative analytics to produce compelling results throughout the entire program life cycle, from research and analysis through implementation and improvement.
We have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients achieve their objectives. We combine technical expertise with world-class analytics. We provide room for entrepreneurial thinking and grass-roots innovation to achieve compelling results for both our clients’ projects and our own company. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 4,500 employees serve these clients worldwide. ICF's website ishttp://www.icfi.com/.
ICF International seeks Head Start Grantee Specialistswith expertise in administration and management systems to provide high quality technical assistance that improves the capacity of Head Start and Early Head Start programs to meet or exceed the Head Start Performance Standards and applicable Federal regulations. The Grantee Specialists will work with programs to correct deficiencies identified through the national monitoring system and with agencies with multiple areas of noncompliance and will assist programs to comply with all Head Start Regulations. A thorough knowledge of the Head Start Performance Standards as well as other relevant/appropriate Federal requirements and regulations is required.
The Grantee Specialist will deliver technical assistance and provide consultation to governing entities, directors, program managers, staff and parents and will use reliable data collection systems to assist in providing fiscal management and program design management expertise, planning work, and in helping to identify strategies for improving internal grantee systems.The positions are home-based and will involve travel to programs within clusters of states where the candidate is assigned. Extensive travel is required.
* Act as a change agent in management and administrative areas, incorporating activities that include governing body and policy group involvement in the development/revision of management and administrative activities for long-term improvements.
* Work with leaders within an organization to plan and assist in the implementation of changes that resolve deficiencies and non-compliances.
* Plan and implement strategic interventions with grantees that have been designated deficient or as having serious non-compliance issues.
* Work with Federal Regional staff in developing strategies for grantee intervention and plan outcomes that address problem areas for all affected grantees.
* Coordinate with other GS and Early Childhood Education (ECE) staff to identify ways to address administrative and program improvements in a comprehensive and holistic manner.
* Review, interpret, and utilize a broad array of data to identify trends and assist each assigned grantee to use the information to establish objectives for change and identify steps and processes needed for implementation.
* Analyze existing grantee structure, functions and capacity and propose a redesign of structure(s), functions, and systems that support quality program operations.
* Recommend ways to improve overall grantee operations, including the development of operations manuals, internal procedures such as audit resolution processes, and identification of appropriate management and administrative procedures to strengthen grantee management practices.
* A minimum of a B.A. or B.S. degree required in a field related to Program Design or Management.
* 5 years of demonstrated experience in providing technical assistance required, specifically on issues pertaining to governance, fiscal management systems and administrative issues within Head Start. Knowledge of management and related issues and demonstrated ability to apply such knowledge.
* In-depth knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required.
* Master's degree in a field related to Program Design and Management or degrees in Business Management, Accounting, Public or Non-Profit Administration, and Project Management (with fiscal emphasis) are strongly preferred.
* Experience in a leadership position within a Head Start program (Executive Director, Assistant Director, Program Director preferred.
* Knowledge and experience performing program design management and fiscal management preferred.
* Experience providing training at State, Regional or National Meetings and technical assistance to individual organizations preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
* Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of groups including governing bodies, staff, community leaders, and Head Start policy groups (policy councils and committees)
* Ability to complete detailed paperwork in timely manner
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF International is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/D/V
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center atwww.icfi.com/careers/