ICF Consulting Group, Inc. Head Start Early Childhood Specialist, Nationwide in Virginia, Virginia
Social and Analytic Solutions Early Education Services Home Based In U.S.
This position is home-based and will involve extensive travel.
At ICF, we support educators working with people of all ages. From early childhood and Head Start through university studies to vocational and workforce training, ICF professionals help clients across the globe proactively respond too many of the important challenges facing education today.
ICF seeks an experienced Early Childhood (EC) Specialist to support Head Start and Early Head Start programs to ensure high quality Head Start and Early Head Start services in accordance with federal regulations. The Early Childhood Specialist will provide training and technical assistance (TTA) to programs to support progress toward established school readiness goals, focusing on the use of child and program data to make decisions about approaches to working with teachers, home visitors, and parents in quality practices. The Specialist will provide professional-level expertise by engaging programs in dialogue and learning of best practices for children from birth to five and encourage a culture of learning that promotes school readiness.
_Basic Qualifications:_ _ _
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development (18 ECE credits are required, transcripts will be requested), and ten years of professional experience.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in the field of early childhood education.
- 5 years of experience offering training and technical assistance within early care and education.
- Ability to maintain up to date knowledge of current child development practices and research based early childhood quality methods and approaches.
- Understanding of developmentally appropriate practice in early childhood education and the ability to support its use in school readiness goals.
- Must have valid driver's license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
_ _ _ _ _Preferred Experience/Skills:_ _ _
- Knowledge of Head Start performance standards and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Experience working within a Head Start Program.
- Family engagement
_ _ _ _ _Professional Skills:_ _ _
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EEO/AA Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities)
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at www.icf.com/careers
Requisition ID: /1700003471/