ICF Consulting Group, Inc. Financial Analyst in Fairfax, Virginia
Our Transformation & Resiliency Solutions Group is growing and we are looking for talented, highly motivated Financial Analysts to join our Information Planning and Management (IPM) line of business to support tracking, monitoring, and informing a federal client organization s financial, budgetary, and contractual requirements. This position will be located at a client site facility in Springfield, VA.
- Participate in review, control, and reporting on agency financial obligations and expenditures.
- Prepare, when directed, appropriate purchase documents and take actions needed to ensure the recording of fund commitments and obligations.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, records and reports, and examine individual accounts to ensure that they fairly show each activity s financial position.
- Perform a variety of calculations and financial record-keeping utilizing databases and spreadsheets to verify accuracy of financial and numerical data and follow-up on issues of inaccuracy and discrepancy.
- Maintain budget records, post target increases and decreases, and track commitments and obligations according to established procedures; verify proper authorization, account codes, and availability of funds.
- Be efficient and effective in creating budget-related spreadsheets.
- Track and chart obligation/financial plans.
- Link various object classes and other forms of budget data among workbooks and worksheets, to a comprehensive summary spreadsheet.
- Monitor and make recommendations concerning changes in funding and program plans, based on careful analysis and consideration of program requirements, policies, sources, and types of funding.
- Prepare budget estimates and financial plans using practical, proven methodologies, carry out all budget execution activities according to regulation, and participate in developing and recommending budget alternatives.
- Work with the government analyst, program managers, subject-matter experts, and staff officials to develop and recommend budget and execution alternatives and to assess program performance.
- Translate program projections and work plans into logical, reasonable, and executable budget spend plan.
- Assist in formulation of budget and cost estimates in support of agency major program activities, including Program Objective Memorandum (POM), Budget Estimate Submission (BES), and execution year financial plan.
- Active high-level federal security clearance.
- 12 years of relevant professional experience, including 8 years of specialized experience in Budget Analysis, Resource Analysis, Program Performance, Financial Analysis, Financial Systems Analysis, and/or Cost Estimation.
- Bachelor s Degree in a relevant career field.
- Detailed knowledge of DoD and Intelligence Community missions, programs and budgets.
- In-depth knowledge of the U.S. Intelligence Funding Programs.
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in justifying intelligence programs and budgets and in resolving intelligence resource management issues.
- Ability to formulate budget and cost estimates in support of major program activities, including Program Objective Memorandum (POM), Budget Estimate Submission (BES), Congressional Budgetary Justification Book (CBJB), and execution year financial plan.
- Understanding in key budget execution processes, including funds control, and fund transfers (Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests).
- Understanding of fund execution policies for principal DoD appropriations: O&M, RDT&E and Procurement.
- Analyzing and interpreting complex budget and execution data.
- Detailed knowledge of DoD and IC contracting and resource processes, rules, and guidelines.
Preferred Skills and/or Experience:
- Master s Degree in a relevant career field.
- Understanding of the role of the Defense Finance and Accounting Service.
About ICF ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, public policy experts, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at www.icf.com.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels (EEO/AA Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities).
Requisition ID: /1600004210/