ICF Consulting Group, Inc. Commercial Energy Analyst (graduate-level) in Fairfax, Virginia
Commercial Energy Division Fairfax, VA
Analyzing fuel and power markets, improving energy efficiency in concert with renewable energy and distributed generation programs, advising on regulatory compliance. In these areas and more, you ll find ICF. Backed by 40 years of experience, our energy experts work at the intersection of policy and practice, helping government and commercial clients worldwide devise effective energy strategies, develop and implement programs for today, and tomorrow.
_Job Description:_ As a Commercial Energy Consultant you will develop subject matter expertise, project management skills, and solutions with emphasis on the power, oil & gas, emissions, renewable energy, efficiency and distributed generation sectors. Successful recent graduates advance to progressive client engagement and research responsibility in our consulting practice, and go on to outstanding graduate programs around the country.
This position is for graduating Master s candidates who are available to start working in summer 2018. Candidates who can begin earlier are also encouraged to apply as well.
_Key Responsibilities_ * Perform advanced quantitative and economic analysis of energy and environmental markets * Contribute to the development and enhancement of ICF proprietary models and data bases * Evaluate the impact of future regulation and support the development of client strategies to manage change * Perform analysis for major corporate and government client deliverables * Support sales and client development efforts with market research, proposal development and thought leadership
- A Master's degree in Economics, Mathematics, Business, Operations Research, Engineering, or related subjects is preferred. Candidates majoring in other fields must clearly demonstrate equivalent quantitative aptitude
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Strong capabilities in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) and other basic software tools
- Strong interest in one or more of these areas: energy economics, finance, energy efficiency analytics, climate change, and policy. Candidates seeking long-term careers in the energy industry are highly encouraged to apply.
- Passion for the energy industry and/or environmental issues
- A passion for solving complex problems and identifying creative solutions
- Strong intellectual curiosity, and enthusiasm to learn beyond what is required for daily tasks
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Team-oriented, ability to thrive in group solutions
- Ability to work with and understand technical concepts, while also being able to communicate them to a less sophisticated audience
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Working at ICF Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICFtogether for tomorrow.
About ICF ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us aticf.com.
Requisition ID: /1700003062/